Sunday, February 22, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
February 23, 2015

“THE MINISTRY OF BLESSING!”
I Peter 3:8-9 
“Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, betenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.

It seems as if I spend most of my time on the phone these days. It is hard enough trying to keep the tears out of my eyes thinking of my precious Joyce, but I am forced make the necessary changes that her death entails.

Last week I was speaking to a wonderful lady from San Antonio, Texas. She was very kind and helpful and made the task much more pleasant than if I had been forced to do everything by myself. As we concluded our business I pronounced a blessing on her. She acted stunned and said; “You have no idea how much I needed that right now.”

Blessing someone costs us nothing, but it can mean everything to the one who is the recipient of the blessing. In my mind it takes my mind off of myself and focuses on the person who receives the blessing. I have no idea why that lady in San Antonio needed a blessing at just that time, but it is none of my business. It is God’s business! God is a blessing God and He wants us to share His blessing.

As we look at the mirror of our life can we see the image of a bless giver? That is someone who blesses each and every time the Lord prompts us. My precious Joyce was a gentle and quiet spirit, but she blessed so many by her prayers, her words, and her cards with a special note. I WANT TO ALWAYS BLESS OTHERS!
  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment