Tuesday, February 24, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
February 25, 2015

“ACCEPTABLE!”
Psalm 19:14 
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.

When I was in graduate school I always dreaded tests or submitting papers. We were expected to do more than undergraduates and so the professors seemed to be very critical of every mistake. At the end of my required classes I had to submit my thesis and sit before a panel of professors for an oral examination. Ouch! It was a tremendous relief to discover that I was ACCEPTABLE and was awarded my Master of Arts degree.

There is no human individual or groups that can ever compare with finding favor with God. Let me be very quick to say that our actions will never earn our salvation. It does not come from our own merits but by the shed blood of our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Being found acceptable before the Lord comes from what we say and what we do. It may sound strange to put our words before our thoughts, but when we read Psalm 139:4 it shows that God knows our heart and words simultaneously; “For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.”

The Psalmist is yielding his mind and actions to the Lord and praying for the strength to make his words and thoughts compatible with the will of God for his life. Over and over I make this prayer my own. In those areas where I am weak I ask the Lord to find me ACCEPTIBLE in His sight.   
  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment