Wednesday, April 22, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
April 23, 2015

“NEVER ALONE!”
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”     

Think of a time in your life when you were all alone. It may be when as a youngster you were away at camp and surrounded by people you did not know. It was not that you were all by yourself, but you were separated from the familiar family and friends you relied upon for comfort and support.

Two times I experienced "alone time" -- once in 1953 when I was in basic training, and again in 1962 when I was in Officer’s Training School. I was surrounded by other men I did not know who were just as miserable as I was. I guess you could say that we all felt like we were alone.

Experiencing the death of a cherished mate also makes us feel all alone. I am walking through that dark valley right now. No matter how many people surround me with love and support, it is not the same as being with the one who had been part of my flesh for over 60 years. I have felt a loneliness that makes me ache.

So what are we to do during these times of being alone. God’s Word gives us the answer. In today’s Scripture the Lord promises that He goes with us and will never leave us nor forsake us. That is His promise to us. Our part is to be strong, of good courage, and not be afraid. We are never alone for the Lord is with us! In the most lonely situation and darkest night we are never alone. HE IS WITH US!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment