Monday, April 6, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
April 7, 2015

“REJECTION!”
Matthew 5:11-12
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”              
                                                              
Over the years I have experienced rejection...not very often, I am happy to say, but it has occurred. In the instances where the offended person identified what I had done to offend them I felt more or less able to deal with it.

The real problem arises when a friend or family member throws you a body blow of rejection  and offers no explanation as to the reason. Sometimes they even refuse to speak with you, so you are left to struggle alone trying to understand what caused their resentment.

In these instances I have found that the answer is to be found in God’s Word. I go into the pages and strive to see what God says about how to deal with the believer who rejects you without giving a reason.

You know what I have found? It is in these times of unreasonable rejection that I am drawn closer to the Lord and find my comfort in Him. The one or ones who reject me are not the ones I am responsible to; but the Lord who controls my life is the One who sees all and desires that I rest in Him. As He works in me, He will also work on the one who has rejected me. GROWTH HURTS!
  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment