Tuesday, October 13, 2015


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 14, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
“YOUR WORD!”
Psalm 119:9-11
How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

As I was praying about the subject for this Issue of BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART, my thoughts were drawn to “Your Word.” When I checked a concordance I discovered that Psalm 119 has so many references to these two words that it was difficult to count them. Not only that, but there were a vast number of synonyms for God’s word.

I have heard that Jewish boys were required to memorize all of Psalm 119. That may not sound like much until you check and discover that there are a total of 176 verses in this chapter. (When was the last time you memorized one or two verses?)

Most of us have several Bibles in our possession. In many cases they look like they have never been opened. I always try to be careful when I purchase a new Bible, but it seems like before long it becomes so worn and marked up that I need to go shopping for a new one. It is sheer bliss to pick one of my old Bibles and thumb through it and read a few of the notes I had made.

The important thing is that our Bibles are God breathed. The words are His words! I want those words to burn deep into my heart and keep me focused on Him at all times.
“A Bible that’s falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn’t." - Charles H. Spurgeon

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment