Sunday, October 18, 2015


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 19, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK
(OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
CLICK ON THIS LINK:
 https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com

“OUR PROMISE!”
Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”      

Have you ever had someone make a promise to you and then not keep it? I’m sure that the majority of us have experienced that very thing. As a pastor I have had countless people promise that they would be in church the following week. When Sunday came they were not there nor have they ever appeared. I have often thought that if everyone who promised to be present would follow through on that promise the church could not hold them all. It is not that I am numbers conscious, but it breaks my heart when people make promises and then forget them.

Many years ago I had a young man in the church I pastored who had suffered brain damage years before. He was able to function in many areas and yet was greatly curtailed and others. One thing I admired about him was that he never failed to fulfill a promise. I knew that many times it took a great deal of effort but he always followed through. I can still remember him stacking wood that he had brought for our fireplace because he had made that promise.

God’s promises are always fulfilled. He has promised us peace and not evil and a future and a hope. He has promised to hear us when we pray and when we seek him with all our heart we will find Him. Oh how I love Jesus!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment