Wednesday, October 21, 2015


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 22, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK
(OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

“WALKING WITH GOD!”
Genesis 5:22-24
After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. And Enoch walked with God; and hewas not, for God took him.      

My emotions are still very raw after losing my wife of 62 years nine and a half months ago. I’m constantly reminded of things that were precious to us. One of the things that always return to my mind was the walks we took when we were first going together. Through our years of living and loving…we walked as one.

Walking hand-in-hand it seemed we were able to communicate at a level that shut out the rest of the world. Many times our walks would be interrupted by the beauty around us and we would stop and allow God’s creation to sweep over us. Not only did it bring us closer together but it brought us closer to God.

Every time I read today’s Scripture I tried to imagine what it must of been like for Enoch to walk with God. The sweet communion they must have shared would have been very precious to Enoch. As near as I can recall from Scripture Enoch and Elijah were the only two men who never saw death because God took them.

It is my desire to walk close to God. I feel I do this by spending time in His word and talking with Him in prayer. I invite you to join with me in walking with God for the rest of our life.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment