Sunday, October 25, 2015


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 26, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK
(OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

“BE CONTENTED!”
I Timothy 6:6-7
Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it iscertain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.”            

“If I only had that job I would be content!” “If I was good looking and talented like her I would be popular and have no problems!” “If I was young and full of energy I would be able to conquer the world!”  “If I was older and more mature I would have no problems!”--- If I had something more I would be content! All too often people feel that just to gain something more will satisfy that lack in their life.
Learning to be contented with what we possess is frequently a difficult task. We live in a world that is exposed to new and enticing things. What we once felt satisfied with becomes dated when new things appear.  
The Apostle Paul experienced many ups and downs in his life and ministry. He suffered many things from his persecutors, but also had periods of plenty. In Philippians 4:12-13, Paul has this to share with believers of all ages: I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.”  
Are you content? Do you find satisfaction with what the Lord has chosen to bless you with? Can you sincerely agree with what Paul wrote in today’s Scripture?
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment