Monday, March 23, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
March 24, 2015

“I CAN DO IT MYSELF!”

Psalm 55:16-18
“As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice. He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battlethat was against me, for there were many against me.     

It seems like a lifetime ago (it almost is) when our kids were toddlers. They began to demonstrate their independent streak when they would interrupt what Joyce or I were doing with the words, “I do it myself!”

That same attitude continues into our adult life in one form or another. This is especially true in spiritual matters. We read in God’s Word that we are to follow Him in all that we do, but by our actions we seem to be saying to God that we want to do it our way and by ourselves.

It is crystal clear that salvation comes by grace through faith, yet millions of people seem to think that they can achieve salvation by their own works. God is not interested in our puny works. He is, however, interested in our obedience. In I Samuel 15:22b, Samuel relates to King Saul: “Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams.”

That was true back then and it is still true today. When we read God’s commands in the Bible they are the same yesterday, today, and forever. We need to stop trying to do things our way and start doing things God’s way!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment