Tuesday, March 24, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
March 25, 2015

“ICE CREAM CONE FAITH!”
Hebrews 11:1-3
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. 
                                                           
It was in the early seventies and I had been studying the beautiful concept of faith. I was discussing the subject with a fellow believer and asked him how he would define faith. He smiled, recited Hebrews 11:1, and then sat back with a pleased grin on his face.

When I asked him to put that scripture into his own words, he struggled and just recited the scripture again. I suddenly realized that just mouthing the words of Scripture does not mean that we actually understand what God has for us in His Word.

Then I envisioned an ice cream cone on a hot summer day and suggested that my friend imagine we were on our way to the ice cream shop. I asked him what his favorite flavor was. He told me and as he did, I noticed he licked his lips. It was then I suggested that we enjoy the goodness of the ice creambefore we were served.

In the same way, we have God's promises in His Word that we can begin to enjoy here even before we get there. We can begin to enjoy the answers to prayer by trusting in the Lord and joyfully allowing Him to have control of our life. By faith we have victory here, and glory, too!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment