Monday, March 2, 2015

Presented by: 7 Days in Hell:I Was There! by Larry E "Buck" Hunter

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
March 3, 2015

“THE LOSS!”
 Philippians 3:7-9
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

I guess we all have the tendency to accumulate more and more stuff. Back in 1953 I had been transferred to Rapid City, South Dakota. Joyce and I stuffed our belongings into a 1948 sedan and began the trip from Idaho. Everything we called our own was packed into that old black car. Can you relate to that?

It did not take long before we began to collect this, that, and the other -- three years later we needed a trailer and our vehicle to move everything. We loved the Lord and always served Him with all our heart, but what I was willing to give up for Him?

Paul puts everything on the line in today’s Scripture. He is saying that everything he had gained he now counted as loss for the purpose of serving the Lord. He not only considered them as a loss, he considered them as garbage. Wow!

It challenges me to re-evaluate the things in my life. Having just lost my precious wife of 62 years, I am in a new position of considering what is really important. Without question, I have come to realize that being a servant of the Lord Jesus is all I want and all I need. As long as He gives me breath I will give Him my all!
  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

Presented by: 7 Days in Hell:I Was There! by Larry E "Buck" Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment