Tuesday, May 12, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
May 13, 2015

“CORRUPTED!”
 I Corinthians 11:3-4
“But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!
                                                              
For the past several weeks I have had increasing problems with my computer. I had programs designed to prevent my computer being corrupted, but I had not taken an active part in making sure that my computer inner workings were kept safe.

I have a beautiful computer, but when things began to go wrong I did not find it so pretty. As a matter of fact I was ready to put it on a rocket and send it to the moon. I realize that is not a spiritual thought, but honesty dictates that I tell it like it is. I was more than a little frustrated with it.

Then came my saving grace. After fussing and fighting with my problem I called in the cavalry. Actually not the cavalry, but a trained technician who was able to do what I was unable to do. I sat transfixed watching the screen as he skillfully plowed through the inner workings of my machine and suddenly all was made new…so to speak!

I fear that many times we find ourselves corrupted with the things of the world. They may seem to be harmless and even beneficial, but the more time we spend on the things of the world instead of the things of God, the more corruption slips into our heart. It is time for a clean-up and the Lord promises to make us like new!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment