Thursday, May 14, 2015

 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEARTPastor Cecil A. Thompson
May 15, 2015
A CLOSER WALK!Psalm 23:4
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
Watch Video
Someone has observed that shadows are often larger than the real object. When I was a police officer there were a few times when I was scared out of my wits by a huge shadow...only to discover it was a small cat walking in front of the headlights of my patrol car.
Death often casts a huge shadow, but it should hold no fear for the child of God. In 2 Corinthians 5:8 the Apostle Paul reminds us that “We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.” Death is our doorway into eternity. How fantastic!
The words in the song Just A Closer Walk With Thee should be our prayer request to walk closer to the Lord than ever before. It should be our fervent desire to walk closer to Him with each passing day.
I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long, as I walk,
let me walk close to Thee.
Refrain: Just a closer walk with Thee,
grant it Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
Through this world of toil and snares,
if I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
Refrain: Just a closer walk with Thee,
grant it Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
When my feeble life is o'er,
time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er,
to Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.
Refrain: Just a closer walk with Thee,
grant it Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
To access Just a Closer Walk With Thee, this week's inspirational video from GloryScapes™ Christian Music Hymns & Songs, please go to:http://www.gloryscapes.com/justacloserwalkwiththee/ in your browser or click on the image below.
Watch Video
Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
--- Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment