Wednesday, May 6, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
May 7, 2015

“PRAYER FOR SUFFERING SAINTS!”
John 17:14-17
I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
                                                              
Have you ever heard someone praying for you? They spoke your name but it was directed to the throne of grace in your behalf. I wish everyone could experience the awesome power of such a prayer.

Jesus prayed for His disciples and that includes you and me. If you want to hear His prayer for you, please turn to John 17 and, beginning with verse 6, read through the remainder of the chapter; realize as you read the words of this precious prayer that it includes you. What a difference it should make in your life.

God does not call us to have a persecution complex. There are some people who do questionable things and when others react adversely to that behavior, they will cry out that they are being persecuted. That is ridiculous! Questionable behavior can never be justified as being persecuted for Jesus. Such erroneous thinking detracts from those who are truly experiencing persecution for the sake of Christ.

As we pray for those saints of God that are truly experiencing persecution, it needs to be prayer for their faith to remain strong and true. My own personal prayer is that if I am ever to experience persecution that my eyes will be fixed on Jesus. Should He deliver me, praise the Lord! If He calls me home to glory, PRAISE THE LORD! I just want to faithful either way.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment