Tuesday, June 16, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 17, 2015

“OPEN MY EYES!”
 II Kings 6:17   
“And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”
A number of years ago one of the men in our congregation came to my office and brought a plaque of sorts. It is about 7 inches long and 2 inches wide. It is black with white wood pieces glued on. As you look at it at first you would think there is nothing there but just gibberish. He told me to look again harder. As I did I realized the black background was what I was should be looking at. It was only then that I saw the word; J ESUS.

So many times as we go through this life there things all around us that we do not see because we do not eyes to see. It often makes me wonder what I’ve missed by being so busy are so preoccupied that I failed to take the time to really look.

In our modern society cell phones and other such devices have so consumed the minds and attention of people that they failed to take time to realize there are others that need their attention. There so busy talking to someone somewhere else that they ignore the person in front of them.

We have done that with Jesus so many times. Through the Holy Spirit he has wanted to reveal Himself to us but we are so busy with our own activities that we fail to see Him. I want to urge us open our eyes see JESUS!  

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment