Tuesday, June 9, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 10, 2015

“IF WE COULD ONLY SEE!”
 Psalm 139:1-3   
“O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.”

I have enjoyed flying for as long as I can remember. I think the first time I ever flew in a small plane was when a second cousin who is a pilot took me for a flight when we were visiting in Oklahoma. From that time on every opportunity I had I would volunteer to go along with someone who was flying.

A new experience came along when I had my first helicopter ride. I was in the United States Air Force stationed at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri. I was a Minuteman Missile Crew Commander. Some of our lunch facilities were miles away from home base and the crew would be flown out by helicopter. What a blast! (Oops! Perhaps that was the wrong adjective to use when speaking of strategic missiles!)

I have mentioned before that while traveling in a helicopter you are close enough to the ground to observe I will build traffic from above. Not only that you are able to see what was ahead. The driver in that car could not see but we could see. If somehow we could communicate we could tell the driver when it was safe to pass, even approaching a Hill. What could be suicide for a driver without direction would become very safe.

Aren’t you glad we have a God in heaven who knows our tomorrows before we get there. He knows the difficulties, the joys, the challenges, the impossibilities, as a matter of fact he knows each and every situation that we will face. If only we could see what he sees! But he calls us to trust and obey. There’s no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment