Monday, June 22, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 23, 2015

FOLLOW ME!”
 Philippians 4:8-9   
“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there isany virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.”

Recently I began using a program that uses my voice to type. It is fantastic! I never learned to type so I used a modified hunt and peck system. Now I can just speak and the words are typed out for me. The problem arises when I speak to my dog Izzy, or to someone who comes in the office. It is rather startling to see unexpected words appear on the screen.

Yesterday's E-Votional focused on keeping our eyes looking upward toward God instead of grumbling and griping about how bad things are. Paul certainly calls each of us to focus our attention on things above, not on the temporary things of the world. He now goes on in this same chapter to give specific directions to believers. It has to do with our thought life.

What kind of things are we to ponder on? Paul says we are to think about things that are JUST – PURE – LOVELY – OF GOOD REPORT! He says those are the things we are to meditate on. But he does not end there. He bravely adds more.

Paul urges believers to meditate on the things they have Learned-Heard-Seen in him! Wow! That is awesome! He puts his life out on the line for them to see. It is not through a sense of pride, however, but a determination that he will be following Jesus so completely that if they see the way he lives, it will be an example to them to follow. I want to be that transparent in my own life! 

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment