Monday, June 29, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 30, 2015

“HOPE!”
 Psalm 43:5
“Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.”

Almost every week I notice a long line at the local super market. The people in the line are not waiting to pay for groceries…oh no, they waiting to purchase lottery tickets for that week’s drawing. The chances of them holding a winning number is millions to one, but they still have HOPE!

Last week a man was struck by lightning in his front yard. The likelihood of this happening would be many millions to one. The irony is that this same man was struck by lightning once before. His name is Rod, so now his friends call him… “LIGHTNING ROD!”

Frequently I receive something in the mail informing me that I have a chance of being selected to receive a huge check from a large publishing firm. I know that there are winners, and I can hope that someone will show up at my door with balloons and a large check, but I am not losing any sleep waiting for it.

Those examples are far removed from the meaning of the word hope that we find in today’s Scripture. It comes from the Hebrew word yachal. It has the meaning of expectantly anticipating. God has given us His precious promises and they will all come to pass. There is a home in glory waiting for us and that is a certain HOPE! 

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment