Wednesday, June 17, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 18, 2015

“SOMETHING IS MISSING!”
 I Kings 15:14   
“Although the pagan shrines were not removed, Asa’s heart remained faithful to the LORD throughout his life.”

How can you be faithful to the Lord without doing everything the Lord tells you to do? I wish I knew the answer to that question. An even greater question in my mind is why does the Lord bless me when there are things in my life that are not pleasing in his sight? That brings it closer to home doesn’t?!

It is so easy to be critical of others instead of looking at the faults in our own life. King Asa of Judah came to the throne following evil reigns of his grandfather and his father. He was the first king of Judah that found favor in the sight of the Lord. That means there was some mighty fine things that Asa did. But there was something missing!

There is always something missing if we fail to make a total commitment to the Lord. Yes, the Lord did bless Asa because he loved God and had done many things that were right. But there was something missing… Total commitment!

People looking at us may think that we are doing so many fine noble things for the Lord. But what does God say? Are we committing our way 100% to the Lord so that when we enter the gates of glory we will hear those words that will be the most precious words we can never hear; “Well done good and faithful servant!” I do not want to have anything missing in my life when I go to be with Him.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment