Wednesday, July 1, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 2, 2015

“HIS PRESENCE!”
 Psalm 100:1-3
“Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.”

Many years ago I was attending a pastor’s conference in Boise, Idaho. It was quite a large conference and most of the attendees were from out of the area. Before the first session there were about 100 or so pastors visiting in the vestibule. It was a very congenial and lighthearted atmosphere.

A young man and I were having a great time laughing over small and having small talk. We had probably visited for five or 10 minutes when the organizer of the conference approached us and called my new friend by name. It was only then that I realized that he was a nationally prominent Bible authority who was the speaker for the conference.

I was stunned and began to recall some of the things I had said, hopeful that my mouth had not gotten me into trouble once again. I had been in the presence of the one we had all come to hear, and I did not even recognize him. During one of the subsequent breaks I was stunned when he sought me out to continue our conversation. It made my day!

How many times do we come into the presence of the Lord without realizing He is present. I fear we become indifferent and irreverent instead of acknowledging the Lordship of our Savior. I want to come into his presence with thanksgiving and rejoicing at all times, and above all with praise!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   
- - - Pastor Cecil

 You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com Please feel free to invite family and friends to subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment