Monday, July 20, 2015


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 21, 2015

 DO YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL CLICK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“DEATH OF A VISION!”
Acts 10:15-17
“And a voice spoke to him again the second time, ‘What God has cleansed you must not call common.’ This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again. Now while Peter wondered within himself what this vision which he had seen meant, behold, the men who had been sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon’s house, and stood before the gate.”

Sometimes we get so preoccupied with our own plans and purposes that we forget to ask God what His plan and purpose is for our lives. Perhaps I may be the only one who has that difficulty. If so, please forgive me.

There was a time when I felt that I would be spending at least twenty years in the military and then retire. That was my vision -- but it was not what God had planned for my life. It was difficult to accept that my plans had to be altered and I had to surrender my own will to God's will. My vision had died!

Peter was convinced that God’s plan and purpose was only for the people of Israel. That is what he had been taught and he had practiced it all of his life. To eat anything that was unclean was unthinkable. To associate with the Gentile was unthinkable. And then came God’s vision for Peter, and his preconceived vision of God’s plan and purposes died. He could either obey God, open his heart to the ones that God chose, or walk against the will of God. He chose God’s way! Let us do the same!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment