Thursday, July 9, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 10, 2015

Want to LISTEN to The Daily-E-Votional? Click on (or copy and paste into your browser) the link below for my Daily-E-Votionals!
http://pastorcecildailyevotional.blogspot.com/

ABIDE WITH ME!Luke 24:29
"But they constrained Him, saying, 'Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent.' And He went in to tarry with them"
Watch Video
There are days when it seems we have more need for the Lord abide with us. July 10th is one of those days for me. It was on July 10, 1952 that Joyce Elaine Harper became Mrs. Cecil Adrain Thompson. If you are counting, that was 63 years ago. My precious wife is not with me to celebrate our anniversary this year since she went to be with the Lord on January 13th of this year.

In 1991 it was just one day after our anniversary, July 11th that our dear daughter Brenda Joy made her journey to be with the Lord. I know they are rejoicing in the presence of our Jesus right now, but for those of us who are left behind, (for this old pastor), there is a need for the Lord to abide with us. I want the words of this old hymn to be our prayer and bring comfort.
Abide with me—fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens—Lord, with me abide;
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me!
Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changest not, abide with me!
I need Thy presence every passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who like Thyself my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, O abide with me.
Hold Thou Thy word before my closing eyes,
Shine thru the gloom and point me to the skies;
Heaven's morning breaks and earth's vain shadows flee
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me!
Enjoy this week’s free inspirational video from Gloryscapes.com. To accessAbide With Me, this free inspirational video from GloryScapes™, please go to: http://www.gloryscapes.com/abidewithme/
Watch Video
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
---Pastor Cecil
P.S. - You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.comPlease feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment