Tuesday, July 14, 2015


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 15, 2015
DO YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL CLICK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“PROMISES!”
Psalm 85:8-9
I will listen to what God the Lord says; He promises peace to His people, His faithful servants—but let them not turn to folly.  Surely his salvation is near those who fear Him, that His glory may dwell in our land.”

You may have heard the story of a young man that was writing a love letter to his precious sweetheart. He was trying to express to her the depth of his commitment and his undying love for her. He wrote something like this: “My Dearest Darling, I love you with all of my heart and my being. I would climb the highest mountain for you or swim the deepest ocean. I would work my fingers to the bone to demonstrate my love to you! P.S. I will see you tomorrow if it doesn’t rain."

Wow! I think that expresses some of the failures we see in romantic relationships. We can be very committed just as long as it doesn’t interfere with our own agenda. It is difficult for me to recall all of the weddings that I have officiated across the years. Through the premarital counseling sessions and standing at the altar of the church to promise and make a covenant with one another, it would appear that the marriage would last throughout the lifetime of the couple. Sadly that is often not the case.

We can make all types of promises to other individuals or to God. But the promise means nothing if we fail to follow through on that promise. It is heartbreaking to have people make promises to us and then have our confidence shattered because they failed to fulfill their promise. One thing we can be certain of is that God’s promises never fail! While God’s promises are sure and certain, they must be claimed. It is almost like receiving a gift from a precious friend but never opening it. Just think of all of the blessings that God has offered but have never been received! Let’s claim God’s promises!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 
- - - Pastor Cecil
P.S. - You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment