Sunday, July 5, 2015

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 6, 2015

“SET FREE!”
 Acts 7:38-39
“He was in the assembly in the wilderness, with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our ancestors; and he received living words to pass on to us. But our ancestors refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt.”
My mother often told stories about me that that I find hard to believe (since I am sure that I was a perfect child. Cough! Cough!). She said that she would be so frustrated with my constant talking that she would make me sit in a chair until I would learn to be quiet. Evidently I was like a firecracker ready to explode!

It reminded me of the story of another young boy who found himself in the same situation. His mother would push him down on the seat, but he would soon pop back up. This routine continued for quite some time before the little boy stated, “I may be sitting down on the outside, but I am standing up on the inside!”

Does that sound familiar to you? Many times we encounter people who say things with their lips, but it is evident that something quite different is going on inside of them. Let’s get more personal. We can find that in her own life as well! We go through the motions, but what are we really thinking?

It is interesting to read in today’s Scripture that even though the Israelites had been delivered from the harsh bondage of Egypt, their hearts turned back. Sin has such a deceitful grasp on the human heart that even when set free our heart can once again turn back to the slavery that we were delivered from. If the Spirit has set us free, we are free indeed. Let us live in that freedom. ONWARD TO GLORY!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment