Tuesday, July 7, 2015


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 8, 2015

“LOOKING OUTWARD!”
 Philippians 2:1-4
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
There is a word that describes the process of looking outward. It is the word…OTHERS! I admire the concept of being others-minded. That may not be an acceptable word, but it certainly is an acceptable trait. 

When I read the words of today’s Scripture, I am tempted to stop and say nothing more than the Scripture itself says. This passage from the book of Philippians sums up the entire concept of looking outward. Makes me want to give more of myself than I ever have before.
Looking outward frees us from dealing with the pain in our own lives. The early Disciples were willing to sacrifice everything they owned and all that they were for the sake of Christ. It makes me bow in humility.
This Daily E-Votional may not have an effect on you, but it does on me. Here and now I make a new commitment to make others a higher priority than myself -- to put my feelings in the hands of the Lord and devote myself to helping those in need.
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment