Monday, July 6, 2015



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 7, 2015

“LOOKING WITHIN!”
 Romans 7:21-24
So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?
There is a word that describes the process of looking within. It is the word…ME! There are many counselors who try to sell the concept of thinking well of ourselves first, but I have a difficult time buying into that concept.

It has been my experience that crushed feelings focus more on us than others. If we go through tragic loss or devastating injury, we have a choice. We can either get our eyes off of our own situation or we can crumble into a heap of self-pity. To be honest I do not find self-pity to be pretty!

Pride and covetousness are also attributes of focusing within. It led to the first sin when Adam and Eve thought they could be like God. It was what THEY wanted
Rather than trusting God to provide them with what they needed…HIM!

In the next few days I will try to direct our attention to seeing things the way God desires for us to see them. It is essential that we begin the process of seeing that the world does not revolve around our emotions. God has called us, as believers, to go out into the world with a message of deliverance. That will not be accomplished by feeling good about ourselves, but by being obedient to His Word!        

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil

No comments:

Post a Comment